Here are a couple of our Frequently Asked Questions! If you don’t see your question below, feel free to email us a line!
- If you are a professional looking for lighting products, please contact us directly on the form HERE. If you are in Spain or in the United Arab Emirates, find the contact of our representatives HERE.
- If you are an end user looking for lighting products, you can buy on our ONLINE SHOP 🙂 Visit it here and discover products by DAM and other Portuguese brands.
- For more information, you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us to +351 920 401 918
All our lighting products are made in Portugal, namely Paços de Ferreira, Paredes, Barcelos and Leiria. In Portugal, there is an abundance of skills and know-how. There is also a collective heritage that stays genuine. This is why we have passion for our country and a conviction: our location is special and our people make the difference.
Portuguese heritage! We are just 20 kms from the Maritime Coast, 30 kms from the mountains, 40 kms from the airport. Besides this, 30 kms from us is one of the first wine-producing regions of the world – Douro Valley. And also a landscape and heritage that gives us energy and creativity, making us feel good. This is why our products reflect what surrounds us.
Every lighting product by DAM includes bulbs, electric cables, ceiling materials and a European plug. English plugs are available under request.
LED lights are safer and eco-friendlier than UV lights. LED lighting products produce light up to 90% more efficiently than incandescent light bulbs. The LED bulbs require much less wattage than the CFL or Incandescent light bulbs, which is why LED bulbs are more energy-efficient and long lasting than the other types of bulb.
Many factors can influence the actual lifespan of the LED, including intense heat, a high frequency of use, and operating the LED light on a higher current than intended. Regarding the SARA pendant lamp, the lifespan of the LED bulb will typically fall within a range of about 4 to 6 years. Regarding the CORTINA pendant lamp, the LED lighting has energy savings up to 80% and lifetime over 60.000h (more than 20 years).
Incandescent bulbs produce heat that is felt in the beam of light, much like the heat that is felt from sunlight. The light from LED bulbs does not create additional heat in a room, but some parts of them can get hot, so be careful when you touch the base around an LED bulb that has been on for a while.
Color temperature is a way to describe the light appearance provided by a light bulb. Depending on the amount of natural daylight, the color temperatures very warm white (2700K) and warm white (3000K) are most suitable.
These are places in which people are welcomed and companies immediately give a first impression. So, a fresh and relaxed atmosphere fits perfectly within these areas. Depending on the amount of natural daylight, the color temperatures very warm white (2700K) and warm white (3000K) are most suitable.
Living rooms and dining rooms are areas where you get together and socialize with friends and family. Just as recreational rooms provide the necessary relaxation. A cozy mood is easy to create with lighting that has a warm appearance. Therefore, the light colour very warm white (1800-2700K) is very suitable.
These spaces often have two functions. Food is prepared and food is eaten. Although the cooking area is a workplace, the dining area needs a certain amount of atmosphere to relax and / or socialize with family, friends or colleagues. So, the color temperature of warm white (3000K) is a good compromise.
It is a place where you can sleep or relax without being disturbed. Lighting doesn’t play a role while sleeping, but it is important for other activities: watch TV, read a book, get dressed. The light colors, very warm white (2200-2700K) and warm white (3000K) are the most suitable for bedrooms.
Toilets are preferably illuminated with the color temperature very warm white (2700K) or warm white (3000K). However, for activities such as shaving, plucking eyebrows and applying make-up, it is better to use the light color cool white (4000K). Cool white mirror lighting is a good option for this.
Offices and home workplaces are areas where people need to concentrate. The light color cool white (4000K) is known for its fresh appearance, which allows people to work actively and focus on their daily activities. It is advisable to choose lighting that shines downwards. Lighting with a light angle of 90°, such as cool white LED downlights, is a good fit.
All the lighting products by DAM are guaranteed for a period of 2 years. It includes problems concerned with production or material faults. During this time we will repair or replace the products. The warranty excludes all damages caused by improper usage, negligence or natural wearing out of the product.
- Material needed for installation: a ladder, a drill (suitable for the type of ceiling you have), terminals for electrical connections, a stripper, electric cable scissors and protective gloves. The connection cables for the luminaires already include standard ends and terminals. The corresponding plugs and screws are included in the package.
- Before carrying out any electrical work, turn off the corresponding automatic switch.
- Remove the ceiling lamp socket if present and it is also possible that you will need to coil or cut the loose cables.
- Choose the location of the spot on the ceiling and mark the location to apply the corresponding hole to the luminaire support.
- Once drilled, apply the corresponding wall plugs, then the bolted supports.
- Before starting to connect the cables, check that: the Blue cable is always neutral; Yellow and Green are ground cables; and Black, Brown or Gray depending on the manufacturer are the phase. So we always unite Blue with Blue; Yellow and Green with Yellow and Green; and Brown with Brown. Depending on the ceiling lamp, it may not be necessary to connect the Yellow and Green cable; when this happens, seal the cable with a terminal.
- Connect the cables installed on the ceiling to the input cables of the ceiling lamp, using their terminals for electrical connections. Our LED lighting already includes a transformer, so just make the connection to the terminals.
- Check the solidity of the assembly even before turning on the corresponding automatic switch.
- Confirm the installation with switch connection and enjoy!
Our finest task is to design and manufacture quality products that last for generations. Packaging, type of materials, the LED lamps and the recycling of the product are aspects we consider in the design development, to extend the durability of every single product.
If one uses an adapter, is it possible to use DAM EU lighting in other countries with different types of power outlets?
We do not recommend using DAM EU lighting with an adapter in other countries with different types of power outlets.
If the external flexible cable or cord of this luminaire is damaged, it shall be exclusively replaced by us or a qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
In case of damage, please contact us and we will analyze case by case, giving you feedback as soon as possible, so you can quickly enjoy your DAM product to the fullest.
In the event of a component or the entire lamp being damaged, or in the case of the end of its use cycle, the DAM lamps are 100% recyclable. The cork should be divided into several parts and proceed to the ecopoint dedicated to cork stoppers to make new agglomerated cork. The wooden components proceed to the production of new wood derivatives or combustion. The lamps, the power plug, the electric cable should be separated and proceed to the ecopoint dedicated to the electrical items.
However, the DAM brand is committed to providing all the necessary support in the repair, supply of components or maintenance products such as: putty for cork, wood or finishing grooves. In the case of products still in use, the brand undertakes to negotiate the acquisition and collection of such products.